Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Pen Is My Chisel

I'm like the archaeologist
working within a tomb,
meticulously extracting
each treasure from the womb.
He chisels at the stone:
bringing life to history,
unearthing precious artifacts,
piecing together a mystery.
A life encased in stone,
hidden from humanity,
is slowly revealed -
in all it's glorious profanity.

I search within my self,
beneath the tears of stone,
determined to free my soul
from it's stone cold home.
My pen is my chisel,
memories are my treasures -
some easily attainable,
others too deep to measure.
But I will continue to chisel
at my heart so hardened,
till my soul flies free
and I've received God's pardon.


-- by  Deborah J Coster  (that's Just Me Granny D)

--copyrighted 2002

Enjoy!

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment