Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Lone Tree

If only that lone tree
could speak aloud to me,
I'm sure he'd tell a story
of years of standing in glory,
And once being a part of a grove
before people and cars did rove,
Of picnics at his feet
as sweethearts came to meet,
And children swinging into the sky
from him limbs way up high,
Of fruit held at his fingertips
just waiting to grace one's lips,
Now memories of gone-by days
before man's super highways.
For today, alone he does stand
on a narrow strip of land,
With lanes of asphault on each side
yet the lone tree-
             maintains his pride.

---by Deborah J Coster (that's Just Me Granny D)

Enjoy!'

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment