Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

God's Garden

Sometimes off in the distance
If I squint my eyes just right -
I can almost see God's Garden
In the shimmering sunlight.

Lilies, roses, and pineapples;
Oaks, violets, and corn galore;
A sunlit path through the garden,
Who could want for more?

With the pure love of a father
God bequeathed his garden to us!
To care for his plants and animals,
In man - God put his trust.

Today instead of trees and plants,
Giant skyscrapers offer shade;
Concrete and asphault are the weeds
In the loving garden God once made.

----by  Deborah J Coster  (that's Just Me Granny D)
 ---  copyrighted and published in "The Sunlit Path", 2000

Enjoy!

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment