Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Freedom's Irony

It's true - brave little drummer boys
     once led marching lads to war.
Drums and guns in hands of babes
    we depended on before.
But today my little drummer boy
    you are but a child.
Stop drumming in the city streets
     before your beat grows wild.
Indulge in some video games
    or go laugh at cartoons.
Thoughts of guns and violence
     at your age, is way too soon.
Go beat your drum at school
    while marching with the band.
Enjoy childhood's peace with ease
    in this wondrous land.
Poor little drummer boy -
    your beat's so wracked with pain.
Guns brought death to your school
    and freedon's irony left it's stain.

-- by Deborah J Coster  (that's Just Me Granny D)
--copyrighted 2003

Enjoy!

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment