Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Life's Lessons

Before the keeping of my time began
While my life's spirit was still above
God counseled me on what to learn
Then sent my spirit here with love.

With specific goals to achieve
And pure determination not to fail
My spirit began it's journey here
And on an Autumn breeze, set sail.

Somewhere between Heaven and Earth
My subconscious and spirit entwined -
They try to keep me focused now
On life's lesson plan God designed.

Sometimes I choose the hardest path;
And sometimes I fail -
But I always know within myself,
With God's help I'll finally prevail.

With each of life's lessons I conquer,
I'll become worthier to deserve
One of the wondrous spots in Heaven
For God, in my name, to reserve.
       
               - by Deborah J Coster   ( That's Just Me - Granny D)
                  ---  copyrighted 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment