Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Harden My Heart, O Lord!

Harden my heart, O Lord,
That I may truly experience
the miraculous wonder
of they blessings.
For my heart is so soft,
and is aching with
the pain and torment
which surrounds me.
Such suffering and loss
overpowers my senses
and malignantly seeps
through to my soul.

Embrace my heart, O Lord
let my spirit soar
with wonder and love
and see past today
to the miraculous end.
Keep me ever mindful
each of us learn
and grow through our
trials and tribulations.
I know we must tread
through turmoil, to reach
peace at the end.

Protect my heart, O Lord,
that the harshness of life
does not diminish the value
I place on the many
blessings bestowed upon me.
Allow me to see and feel
the joys and the love
thy blessings do intend.
Don't let me get mired down
in the pits of depression.
Allow your love to shine
through me to help others.

Amen

by  Deborah J Coster  ( that's Just Me Granny D)

No comments:

Post a Comment