Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Dove Named Daydream

A dove named Daydream visited with me today
and told me the story, or at least what they say,
about how he got his name and how he came to be.
"Twas that God needed a symbol for all mankind to see,
to renew dreams of peace - that symbol is me.
For upon my wings are daydreams of peace, love, and harmony.
Peace of Earth is man's dream, God's promise for above,
I bring that dream to mind, as well as God's love.
So I am named Daydream for dreams of a better day."
And with dreams filling my mind, he went upon his way.

--- by Deborah J Coster ( that's Just Me Granny D)
-----copyrighted 2003


Enjoy!

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment