Welcome to my Times of Rhyme

Welcome to my times of rhyme blogspot. I have over the years written many poems, many of which have been published in various books and in various countries. In my times of rhyme I like to write poetry and so now I wish to share with you some of my works when I indulge myself in Times of Rhyme! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Hide and the Willow Weeps

I Hide - -
I hide within myself.
And
I hide within Mother Nature -
allowing her to envelop me
and hold me within her bosom;
keeping me safe in the wilds
from civilization and
all it's glorious advantages,
it's horrific pains.
I'd wither and die without her.
She, in all her majestic royalty
draws me nearer to God, My Father.

The showering rain hides my tears
till the sun dries my eyes,
The forest surrounds me,
comforting me as only
a parent's loving touch can.
The sweetness of wild blossoms
soothes my troubled mind,
relaxes my very soul -
While a grassy knoll
by a creek beckons
rest, beneath the willow;
Tis it which weeps always
for mankind.

As the bird's sing their lullaby
the sun slips beneath the horizon
and the stars light up the night;
the wind whispers softly -
Mother Nature and God the Father
You've created an enchanting world -
Yet I hide! -
Crying out to mankind as I do -
Open your eyes!  See
what you destroy
as you seek to improve!
And the willow still weeps.

---  by - Deborah J Coster  (that's Just Me Granny D)
--  copyrighted  2004

Enjoy!

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment